Saturday, August 12, 2017

Saturday Sightings – The Flood of Backus – Page House Museum

Saturday Sightings – The Flood of Backus – Page House Museum
          What’s up Canada!  You know who it is!  It’s me again, Ben the MNR guy at Backus Page House Museum.  I’m here to give you your weekly Saturday Sightings.  Well I don’t know about you guys but I like water, keeps me alive and health so I don’t die.  Water is pretty great, but when we have too much water…. things can go pretty wrong.

          Like on Monday when we finally got some rain (all farmers in background start cheering as any hope for rain has been given and the will to move on has been restored), but seriously like some actual rain that lasted for  more than 30 seconds.  Well our house garden got flooded because of the rain and it was bad.  We had a lake going through our garden for a total of 15 minutes.  I have never seen a garden flood this bad; I started looking for pirates because I swore that Captain Phillips boat could have sailed through this flood.  “Look at me, Look at me, we sail through your garden… oh and I’m the Captain now!”

          In being all serious though the garden is fine and everything is back to normal.  I want to give thanks to our farmers who are feeding us and who are out in the fields day and night making sure we are fed. 

          That is your weekly Saturday Sightings with Ben the MNR guy.  Hope to see you soon and remember to stay cool.






No comments: