Sunday, August 13, 2017

Behind the Scenes Sunday with Sabrina

🌸🌸Behind the Scenes Sunday with Sabrina🌸🌸


              First off HI , I'm Sabrina Merks, resident of Dutton and I'll be attending St. Lawrence College for musical theatre performance in the fall. You may have seen me in the Elgin County area wearing many hats, such as volunteer at The West Elgin Dramatic Society or have seen me as one of the cashiers at Dutton Foodland, or even possibly as current reining Miss Elgin County Globe. I spent my past year at Sheridan College in the performing arts program and I'm excited to be Assistant Museum Manager for the summer.

           This week has been quite busy on Tuesday we had the waterfront cyclists come through and we had 100 cyclists on site. We gave tours all that morning and it was crazy busy, we gave 23 tours of the house! So many people from all over Canada came through as well. The cyclist started in Point Pelee national park are working their way up to Toronto. They were on their way to Port Stanley that day and used our museum as a pit stop. 



            Day camp was on Wednesday and we had 4 very eager explorers with us. this week we learned all about food. We Talked about the food groups, planted seeds in our garden, played games, made all sorts of cool crafts and were able to talk about food back in the 1850's which I might is rad.  
             The rest of the week I have just been working away at the nomenclature, trying to get it done ASAP. Which is difficult because if you know me I tend to be able to focus on a task for an hour or two then need a break. Often when I need those breaks, I write blogs or go outside and water the garden or even give a tour. 

              Saturday morning was a little different as well. So I come on site minding my own business when I see another car. I don't think anything of it people use our park or facilities all the time. Its when I get out of my car im greeted by the amazing sound of bagpipes, and i think to myself .... did we have an event or .... As I walk closer I see that its Brian one of the board members playing his bag pipes. We chat and laugh, and when I go into the museum I open all the windows so I could hear him play. It was a great way to send Saturday morning.

That has been my week everyone. 
Tune in next week for another update
Thanks for reading 

No comments: