Monday, July 8, 2019

Meet a Board Member Catie Welch

Where are you from?
       "Dutton but now London."

How long have you worked here?
       "5 years"

Why do you love the Museum?
        "I love history and this hidden gem has brought me through many good and bad times. It is my piece of heaven out here! It is a beautiful piece of land; quiet, serene and full of wonderful life. "

Do you have a favourite room or artifact?
       "The front door and door bell!"

Why do you volunteer?/ Why should people volunteer here?
       "Again, it's my piece of heaven so I love to come out and work in the gardens and I love events because I love having re-enactors on site and all the excitement they bring. The group out here is also "My Museum Family" working out here and being with them fills my soul."

1 Fun fact about you!?
      "I'm a teacher."

Favourite memory or memories from the Museum? 
       "Working with Sabrina and Delany to fill and then later, empty to store, 100 burlap sand bags for the Living History weekend for the WW1 trench. They were hard work and an adventure, but we had many laughs and ice cream to top it off! "


Thank you for reading, tune in next Monday!
Sabrina Merks

No comments: