Monday, May 13, 2019

Meet The Cultural Manager Angela Bobier


Meet The Cultural Manager Angela Bobier


Where are you from?
       " West Lorne, but I grew up in Wallacetown."

How long have you been a member?
       " 10 years."

Why do you love the Museum?
       " Being the keeper of the area's history, especially inside the preserved 1850's house is a great privilege. Our setting in the park makes this a peaceful, beautiful place to work and visit."

Do you have a favourite room or artifact?
       "Well, the pantry is my favourite room because I like kitchen gadgets. My favourite artifact are the archival documents, I love to pull history from primary sources and add those into our tours."

Why should people volunteer here?
       "We have fun at the Backus-Page House Museum. We find tasks that suit your interests and are willing to teach you how to do Museum duties."

1 Fun fact about you!
       "I graduated in 2018 with my Diploma in Cultural Resource Management."

Favourite memory or memories from the Museum? 
       "Getting a call from the MP, Joe Preston congratulating me on my first grant approval, shortly after becoming Cultural manager. Or anytime I can help someone research local history or their own genealogy is fun for me."


Thank you for reading, tune in next Monday!
Sabrina Merks 

No comments: