Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The End of World War Wednesdays?


       Hi there, history lovers! I'd like to start by apologizing for the couple of missed weeks, and for those of you who missed out on links to this summer's posts due to a privacy mishap on Facebook. Ever since I graduated from my undergrad at uOttawa, things have gotten quite chaotic, quite fast!
   
       Which brings me to a sentence I've long dreaded having to write: this is looking like the end of the road for World War Wednesdays. We have had three full, incredible years together exploring the fine details of the First and Second World Wars each week, and I'm incredibly proud of the personal and professional growth I was able to cultivate through this medium. More than anything, I am eternally grateful to all of you for your continued support and readership and hope it's been at least half as enjoyable to follow along as it has been to write. I also can't thank Angela Bobier and the THS enough for giving me this outlet and allowing me to publish through their platform.

         That being said, by bringing this chapter to a close, I am not ending my entire internet presence! As part of my grad school classes, I've started my own history blog which you can follow here: https://givethepastforapresent.wordpress.com It's exciting to be able to write about a broader range of subject matter, and I look forward to chronicling my grad school experiences and research. Of course, all of the past WWW posts are archived on the THS blog site, and you can revisit them all through the labels and date options on the right hand side.

       I really do hope to return to this blog someday in a new format and continue to talk about the local histories I love so much. As Winston Churchill said, this isn't the end, nor is it the beginning of the end. It's just the end of the beginning! Thanks again for coming on this journey with me (especially you, Dad) and for all the opportunities you've sent my way.
       Onward and upward,
Delany (@DLeitchHistory on Twitter)

No comments: