Stephen Backus and family did not arrive to the Talbot settlement until 1810, but after arriving married Anne Storey, who had come the year prior. He built a log cabin on the land originally and eventually bought the farm for 75 pounds in 1817. He built the west section of the home in 1825 and employed Robert Morris to build an addition in 1848. Morris was also the architect to design and build the house of Stephen’s son, Andrew, which is the home of our Backus-Page House Museum today. Jamie and Stacie Littlejohn own the home presently. Take care and have a great week!