- 4 1/2 cups sliced and pared apples
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rolling oats
- Grease deep 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Arrange apples in a dish and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Combine lemon juice and water and pour over apples.
- Cream butter, add brown sugar gradually. Blend in flour and oats. Spread over apples. Bake at 375F until apples are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Backus-Page House Museum